Our client, a home care agency, is looking for a Housekeeper/Cleaner to provide housekeeping support as part of their friendly Taunton team.
You will be responsible for providing this support to service users in their own homes.
Our client is a unique micro care agency established by its managers and service users. The agency has been rated as OUTSTANDING by the Care Quality Commission who described the agency as being “innovative” and “inspiring”. Our client specialises in the care of those who have a severe form of the neurological condition M.E.
You should be:
– Experienced in housekeeping tasks (e.g. cleaning, laundry, organising, shopping, tidying, light cooking, food preparation, washing up, loading/unloading dishwasher)
– Used to, and like, cats and dogs and will assist with their care e.g. feeding them.
– Able to identify and report any equipment defects, damage or losses to the manager
– Prepared to carry out household stock checking as required
– Capable of developing positive relationships with service users, respecting confidentiality at all times.
– Interested in maintainng positive working relationships with other staff to ensure the smooth running of the agency.
– Willing to carry out any other duties as required (training will be provided as necessary)
You should have the ability to:
– work effectively and supportively as a member of a team
– work in an organised and methodical manner
– act on your own initiative, dealing with any unexpected problems that arise
– demonstrate commitment to Equality and Diversity
– to do tasks as requested and to take personal responsibility for standard of work carried out.
In addition you should:
– take pride in your work
– have good organisational and time management skills
– be considerate and kind
Ideally, you will have knowledge of (and have had training in) the following areas:
– Health and Safety
– Food Hygiene
– Manual Handling
If you lack this training then training in these areas will be provided. You will also be expected to participate in regular training sessions that cover a variety of topics.
– A comprehensive induction programme
– Pay scale based upon age, qualifications, experience and role
– A supportive environment
All staff both participate in, and enable, the service user’s Well-Being programmes. Blue Moon Care believes that quality of life is as important as other aspects of care so each service user has a personalised Well-Being programme which aims to enable them to live their lives to the full whilst being treated with care, kindness and respect.
All staff need to be flexible with respect to the tasks that they do. So, you might find yourself:
– helping a service user to put away a musical instrument or reorganise their wardrobe
– watering the service user’s vegetable bed
– assisting in another activity that enables service users to enter the Taunton Flower Show vegetable, fruit, craft and sewing competitions.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be non-smokers /non-vapers, as all service users are chemically sensitive.
Tagged as: Care Jobs, Care Jobs in Taunton, Care Support Worker, Carer, Domiciliary Care, Flexible Part Time Jobs, Full Time Care Jobs, Part Time Care Jobs